Thursday, February 7, 2008

Laura & Ray's Wedding Part Uno

I am aware that I overuse the word "beautiful" when trying to describe weddings. If there was a word that meant beautiful x 2349872348, this is a situation in which I would use that word. Laura and Ray got married in the Dominican Republic and I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was. To begin with, the backdrop of sun, sand, palm trees, and the Caribbean Sea was gorgeous especially in stark contrast to dreary, snowy, cold, windy, icy weather back in Minnesota. Secondly, Laura and Ray should be models. Enough said. Thirdly, the combination of Laura and Ray's family and friends was so fun and dynamic. There was a mix of Canadians, Dominicans, and a few Americans...it was a lovely combination. Needless to say, I went a little overboard on the photos so I have to pace myself on the blog entries. Here are some from the days before the wedding....Stay tuned for more!














John and Otise are from Ray's side of the family and are getting married in September. They both love acting and were too cute to resist!


There were several photographers toting exotic animals (snakes, monkeys, etc.) around the resort offering to take tourists' photos with the animals in hopes they would buy the photo later on. This particular photographer and I connected with our love of Nikons and he offered to take my photo on my camera...way nice of him!

1 comment:

Michael Reif said...

Emily,

Glad you made it back to Rochester okay. These shots look great. Can't wait to see more.


Mike (R)