Friday, February 6, 2009

Brian Olsen: Art in Action

I'm not a huge TV watcher. And I don't really want to admit the one show that I make a point to watch every week.

American Idol.

There, I said it. I admit to falling head over heels for the reality show despite the fact that singing in public terrifies me. Sure, the utterly ridiculous drama, idiosyncratic contestants, and insulting critiques can be entertaining and comical. But amidst all that, I find myself inwardly rooting for those contestants putting it all out there, doing anything they can to (albeit very cliche) chase their dream.

I am inspired when I witness people chasing their dreams. And if I can be inspired by flipping American Idol, just imagine how inspired I was when I had the opportunity to photograph Brian Olsen.

From Brian's website: www.brianolsenart.com
Brian Olsen’s Art In Action is an explosion: a colorful display of paint, energy, music and passion with a purpose.

Using fingertips, palms, elbows and up to three brushes in each hand, Brian paints portraits of famous people including musicians, sports figures, and top corporate heads on a four and a half by six foot canvas in just a matter of minutes. His creations are choreographed to music that is powerful and stimulates the senses. Brian’s Art in Action is described as “an emotional experience” taking his audience through an amazing journey of excitement, suspense, cheer, and surprise. His ability to captivate his audience and share the experience of color, music, and action is a way to bring people into the world of art and creativity. It is a new artform that brings people together to share the explosion of art and stir up the personal creativity we all have within.

There is a simple message in Brian’s show: Be yourself, be creative, and take chances. You never know what you might discover. But, whatever it is, do it with all your heart.


This guy is incredible. He inspired me. A bazillion million times more than American Idol ever could.

A quick slideshow:





Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


No comments: