Friday, June 5, 2009

Sarah

I have the best family ever. I also have the best "second" family ever. In 2005, I moved out to Washington, DC for a photo internship at the Air and Space Museum, not knowing a soul. Sarah and her whole family agreed to let me live with them. Not only did they welcome me into their home, they welcomed me into their family and their lives. For that, I am forever grateful. It blows my mind that Sarah is graduating and heading off to college soon. She is beautiful. Inside and out. I can't say enough good things about this girl...she is incredibly smart, funny, creative, AND she loves photography! I'm thankful to call her my "second sister" and friend. I can't wait to see where life takes you, Sarah! No matter what you do, you will go far! Congrats!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Trying out some new light...
Photobucket


and some sculptures!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Just in case she ever runs for president:
Photobucket




Sarah is a natural but I gotta give her dad credit for showing her how it's done:
Photobucket


Justin kept trying to get in the shots...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I think this face sums up how she feels about Justin being in every photo!
Photobucket


We also did some touristy things...like visiting a huge ship at the Old Torpedo Factory
Photobucket


and standing in the middle of two jugglers...
Photobucket


We also had lunch with Kate of Kate Headley Photography. I met Kate at the Blend workshop in Santa Fe and it was fun to catch up a bit with her!
Photobucket



One of the coolest things that I got to do while I was at the Air and Space Museum was be in the press pit during the dedication of Space Ship One. What makes it even cooler is that they used my photo of the designer (Burt Rutan) and project funder (Paul Allen) on the information kiosk in front!

Photobucket


and last but not least, the obligatory capitol photo!
Photobucket


No comments: