Friday, December 12, 2008

Leah: my friend, the mom-to-be

It was one of those days where you don't actually remember the day or what happened during the day, just really strange and vivid snippets...For example, I remember sitting next to this girl in art class, looking at the beagle sticker on her class planner and thinking that we could be friends since she obviously likes dogs. I remember thinking it was weird that the first three letters of this girl with the dog sticker's last name and mine were the same. And I remember that I was wearing the coolest turquoise and black Nike tennis shoes of all time. These strange memories were from the first day that I met Leah in the seventh grade. I'm pretty sure we bonded quickly over our mutual love of dogs and the first three letters of our last names and since that day in seventh grade, there have been many more things other than stickers and letters that have kept Leah and I calling each other friends. Too many to name. And though we're separated by miles, it is still both an honor and joy to have her in my life. That is why it was so special for me to be able to document this incredible time in her and her husband, Jeff's lives. All my love and deepest congratulations to you both! I can't wait to meet Baby L.!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I think it's appropriate to call her a hot mama!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Kudos to Leah...it was 4 degrees, not counting wind chill! Brrrrrrrrrr.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments: