Thursday, December 4, 2008

A non-photo post!

Mark it on your calendar. A blog post on my photography blog with out a photo. It's 12:16am and I'm still awake, which is not atypical for me...I am a night-owl which is primarily genetic (are you still up, Grandma V.?) but partially because I have a hard time shutting my brain off. I can't believe it's December already. But then again, I think I say the same thing every month! I can't believe it's...fill in whatever month it is! Time is flying by. But now I'm sounding redundant. I'm so close to being caught up with my editing...1 wedding and 2 portrait sessions...YEAH! At one point, I was behind 6 weddings and 29 portrait sessions...a big thank you to all you patient people out there! How it got to that point, I'm not sure. But I like to learn lessons that hard way and I guarantee you, that will NEVER happen again. And although I'm feeling more comfortable with the editing load, there's still so much I want to do: New website (that's been a long time coming, but it took the back seat all summer and I want to make sure it's just right), branding, adjusting to a new business name (one lime photo!), brochures, designing coffee table books, making new samples, trying out this technique, and that editing style, and just plain continuing to improve my photography, my business, myself. And that is why I can't sleep sometimes. Because I'm so overjoyed with where this journey has taken me and because I'm so excited for where how it will continue to grow. There's a million people to thank so I won't even go there but family, friends, mentors, clients, peers, thank you. Perhaps this is somewhat of a cross between a Thanksgiving, New Year's resolution, and I just plain can't sleep post but nonetheless, I'm thankful that I can lay in bed, contemplate life and spill my guts to you, cyber friends, while listening to the rest of the world sleep. Maybe I will be able to sleep now. Or maybe go edit... :)

Next time I'll stick to posting photos, I promise.

No comments: